Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple is located in Kadiri Anantpur district of Andhra Pradesh state in India. According to Hindu Mythology Lord Narasimha emerged as Swayambhu from roots of Kadiri tree to assassin Hiranyakashyap. Idol of Lord Narasimha oozes sweat after daily sacred bath or Abhishek which is a distinct quality of this idol. This pilgrimage is a hub for Hindu devotees. Festival is celebrated with great pomp and shows in Kadiri every year. The place is named Kadiri after Lord Lakshmi Narasimha swamy who emanated from Kadiri tree. Kadiri refers to Canary wood or Indian Mulberry.
The temple of Narasimha swamy was built during the period of rayalu. The specialty of idol of lord Narsimha swami is keep sweating after daily sacred bath or Abhishekam. The idol of lord Narsimha swamy in temple has eight hands and lion face, killing Hirankashyapa and Prahlada standing behind with his folded hands. The idol potrays entire mythological story. The temple is spread in a vast area covered with beautiful idols all around. Areas like Garbhagruha and Mukha Mandapam is an example of legendary architectural works of Thretayugam. Garbagruha is decorated beautifully with four Lions in corner.
There are four entrances to the temple, among which the Eastern gate is the main entrance built by Harihararaya. On the eastern ghats entrance one can see idol of Anjaneeyaswamy. Lotus shaped dias has imaged of Narasimha swamy and behind it there is a standing posture of Prahlada and Anjneya near the main entrance gate. The beautiful idol Prahladanugrah Murti of deity with four hands and goddess Lakshmi is placed at another temple in campus.
As per the mythology that the uthsava murthies were handed down to Bhrigu Rishi by the Lord himself in a petika or box for his daily worship. The Lord is further worshipped in the names of Vasantha Vallabhudu or Vasantha Madhavulu as the pratista was done in the Spring season. The river Maddileru, othere wise called as the Arjuna River, (where Arjun did penace) has its pounranic fame as being the river on the banks of which Arjuna did penace. The course of the river is through 6 theerthams called respectively.
- Sweta Pushkarini
- Bhrugu Theertham
- Sesha Theertham
- Kunti Theertham
- Laxmi Theertham
- Ganga Theertham
- Garuda Theertham
- Bhavanasi Theertham.
The famous East, South, North, West Rajagopurams of this temple were constructed by Vijayanagara Emperors. The gate way at West Rajagopuram, leads to a tank which supplies water to the temple from which principal metal idols of the temple were recovered by the Sage Brigu. The popular king of Vijaya Nagara Sri Krishna Devaraya and Maharastra King Shivaji Maharaj visited this famous temple and constructed sub temples and Mahishasuramardini Temple respectively.
- The Temple will be Opened for Devotees in the Morning from 5.00 AM
- Temple Clean / Patrasuddi / 5.00 AM to 5.30 AM.
- Ist Tirkala Naivedhyamu Submission Function Morning from 5.30 AM to 6.00 AM
- Devotees allowed for Dharshanamu Morning 6.00 A.M to 7.30 AM.
- Arjitha Abhishekam Seva Start Morning 7.30 A.M Ended 9.30 A.M.
- Devotees Allowed for Dharshanamu 10.00 A.M 12.00 PM.
- 2nd Tirkala Naivedhyamu Submission Function Afternoon from 12.00 PM to 12.30 PM
- Deveotees Allowed for Dharshahanamu Afternoon from 12.30 PM to 1.30 PM
- Dharshanamu Stoped / Closed 1.30 PM to 4.30 PM
- The temple will be re-opened for devotees in the Evening from 4.30 PM to 7:00PM.
- 3nd Tirkala Naivedhyamu Submission Function from 7.00 PM to 7.30 PM
- Deveotees Allowed for Dharshahanamu from 7.30 PM to 8.30 PM and Stoped Darshanmu
- Ekantha Seva 8.45 PM.
- Temple Colse 9.00 P.M
SUB TEMPLES IN KADIRI TOWN
Sri Dwaramanjaneya Swamy
Sri Kondala Narasimha swamy Temple
Sri Yetigadda Anjaneya swamy Temple
See Video Link:s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHodYAfI7Go